Ford continues to improve Fusion Energi for 2015, with many new standard and available features throughout:
- New 17-inch 10-spoke painted aluminum wheel standard on Fusion Energi Titanium
- New six-way power passenger seat on SE
- 10-way power passenger seat standard on Titanium
- New configurable daytime running lamps
- Four new exterior colors for 2015 – Bronze Fire Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, Guard, Tectonic, Magnetic
- Rear view camera standard
- Terracotta package (optional on SE and Titanium) adds a new 18-inch aluminum alloy wheel
Benefiting from experience
Fusion Energi benefits from 20 years of software and hardware research and innovation, incorporating many of the nearly 500 patents Ford holds for its hybrid technology. Fusion Energi’s acclaimed plug-in hybrid power-split technology, which allows for efficient operation, consists of more than 200 patents alone.
Active park assist is an available feature, along with standard features such as leather seats, MyFord® Mobile and SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. Latest-generation SmartGauge® with EcoGuide offers drivers instant fuel economy information on two 4.2-inch LCD screens including tips on how their driving behavior affects vehicle efficiency.
In the right cluster, imagery of green leaves shows overall driving efficiency. The left cluster can display numerous screens that contain information about the vehicle and how it’s being driven. Brake Coach, for example, helps drivers optimize their use of the car’s regenerative braking system so that driving range can be maximized through proper braking techniques.
Fusion Energi’s EV+ feature learns frequent destinations by combining the built-in GPS of SYNC with proprietary software algorithms developed by Ford engineers.
MyFord Mobile allows users to monitor charging, receive alerts, find charge stations, plan trips and do more from their smartphones or computers for an effortless transition to an electrified vehicle lifestyle.
“Ford’s electrified vehicles offer a great combination of efficiency, performance, technology and affordability that we believe will help spur further adoption of these advanced vehicles,” said Kevin Layden, director, Ford Electrification Programs and Engineering.
Consider other Fusion Energi features:
- Eco cruise: Saves energy by relaxing acceleration compared to standard cruise control
- EV mode button: Conveniently mounted on the console to the right of the shifter, this allows a driver to switch vehicle operation between three modes – all-electric (EV now), normal hybrid operation (auto) and conserve battery power for later use (EV later)
- Regenerative braking: Capable of capturing and reusing up to 90 percent of the kinetic energy of a vehicle as it comes to a stop
- Hybrid transmission: Designed in-house by Ford engineers, this transmission can operate at high speeds and in a smooth, efficient manner all at the same time
- Advanced lithium-ion batteries: The batteries used in Ford’s electrified vehicle lineup are smaller and lighter than previous-generation nickel-metal-hydride batteries
- Charge port with LED light ring: Conveniently located on the driver’s side, near the front of the car, it features a light ring that illuminates to indicate charge status
With Fusion Energi and Fusion Hybrid, the Fusion lineup brings several powertrain options to the U.S. midsize sedan segment. Fusion is available in gas-powered versions with a choice of two EcoBoost® four-cylinder engines. In addition, Fusion is available with Ford’s patented Auto Start-Stop technology, which automatically shuts off the engine at stationary idle, potentially helping customers save fuel in stop-and-go city driving.