Jeep Wrangler Red Rock Responder
- The Wrangler-based Red Rock Responder is arguably one of the most capable of these real-world vehicles, both in terms of the way it looks and its actual hardware.
- We mentioned the special rescue equipment fitted to the bright-red, truck-like Jeep – a compressor and air gun, sockets, tow straps, etc. – but what’s most remarkable is the way that Jeep has concealed the extra equipment.
- From the passenger compartment back, there are an array of cubbies and compartments, including vertically oriented cubbies not unlike the horizontal RamBox offered on FCA’s pickups. A large drawer even slides out from beneath the Rhino-lined cargo bed.
- For some reason, though, the bed doesn’t have an actual tailgate. It’s just kind of there. It’s a strange omission, although with the pop-out drawer, fitting one might not have been super practical.
- The Vibrance Responder Red exterior paint was the second most eye-catching thing in the FCA Design Dome, and we must say, along with the steel front and rear bumpers (donated from the 10th Anniversary Rubicon), the black beadlocked wheels and black grille, the contrasting looks are attractive here.
- That black-and-red theme is also found in the cabin, where Katzkin leather seats and contrast stitching represent the biggest upgrades.