- No, that’s not a Land Rover Defender you’re seeing, Jeep just modded out a Wrangler with safari-spec Desert Tan paint and a white roof.
- It’s really, really big. Like, really big. Jeep took the four-door Unlimited and added at least a foot behind the rear axle. The result is the most versatile version of the most versatile Jeep.
- The rear door swings out 90 degrees to the passenger’s side, allowing easy access to the Rhino-lined ample rear cargo area, even with the two-inch lift.
- We’re digging the vented hood, which is borrowed from the higher-end production Wranglers, although at this point, Jeep has kind of overdone it with the auxiliary jerry cans. The Africa has a pair strapped strapped to the front fenders.
- Jeep engineered a cool pop-out rock rail/side step, which opens in conjunction with the front door.
- As for parts you can actually add, we’re willing to bet that handsome steel front bumper can be found in a parts catalog. Same goes for the hefty Warn winch and auxiliary lights.
- Once again, body-color steel wheels are the order of the day. And yes, we agree, Jeep needs to offer these stylish steelies ASAP.