Virtually everything is new on, so if you are a Beaverton Honda Civic owner, consider upgrading to the 2016 Honda Civic, for sale in Portland at Dick’s Hillsboro Honda! For further information, please contact us at (855) 867-6668.
Check out all that is new, Oregon Honda Civic owners!
Major new technologies, features and capabilities of the 2016 Civic Coupe, for sale in Vancouver, depending on trim, are as follows:
- Turbocharged 1.5-liter DOHC direct-injected engine
- 2.0-liter DOHC port-injected i-VTEC engine
- Class-leading anticipated EPA fuel economy ratings of 31/41/35 mpg (city/highway/combined)1 for models with 1.5-liter turbo and CVT, 30/41/34 mpg1 for models with the 2.0-liter engine and CVT and 26/38/31mpg1 for the LX with the 2.0-liter engine and manual transmission.
- Ultra-rigid body with 63 percent application of high-strength steel and 12 percent application of ultra-high-strength steel (up from 55 percent and 1 percent, respectively, in the previous model) – the most extensive use of high-tensile steel ever in a Civic
- 76 pound reduction in unibody weight versus the previous Civic Coupe, despite its larger size and greater stiffness
- ACE™ body structure with new crash stroke design (Honda and Civic first) for improved collision performance in a sportier, more compact front frame design
- Ultra-rigid 590-MPa high-strength-steel floor for enhanced collision performance and improved ride quality (Civic first)
- Most tightly sealed Honda body ever, with a 75 percent improvement in air leak performance over the previous model
- Premium noise isolation materials and design features that combine with the tightly sealed body for cabin quietness that challenges luxury-class compact-segment products
- New multi-link independent rear suspension
- Hydraulic compliance bushings for premium levels of ride quality and road vibration isolation (Civic first)
- Larger stabilizer bars with bonded bushings for more refined body control (Civic first)
- Rigid aluminum rear damper brackets for improved ride quality (Civic first)
- Agile Handling Assist brake torque vectoring for cornering precision and stability (Civic first)
- Dual-pinion electric power steering with variable gear ratio for improved steering feel and maneuverability (Civic first)
- Available LED exterior lighting
- Complete underbody covering for fuel efficiency and cabin quietness
- Flush mounted, acoustic glass windshield
- Capless refueling
- 91.0 (LX) and 88.6 (EX-T and above) cubic-feet of passenger volume (+7.8 cubic feet vs. previous Civic Coupe) – amongst the most spacious cabins in the compact class
- New ultra-thin A-pillars for enhanced forward visibility
- Premium, soft touch cabin materials exceeding current class standards
- Available Display Audio touchscreen with Android Auto™2 and Apple CarPlay™3
- Available Premium comfort and convenience features including Remote Engine start, Smart Entry with Push Button Start, electronic parking brake, dual-zone automatic climate control and rain-sensing wipers
Safety and Driver Assistance
- Honda Sensing™ safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Next-generation ACE™ body structure
- New crash stroke front frame design
- Ultra-rigid 590-MPa high-strength steel floor for enhanced collision performance
- Targeted highest-available collision performance safety ratings – a 5 star Overall Vehicle Score in the NHTSA’s NCAP, a TOP SAFETY PICK from the IIHS for the LX through EX-L trims and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ from the IIHAS for the Touring trim.
Design and Packaging
In designing the new Civic, Honda designers and engineers sought to deliver a sportier and more premium-quality Civic that recaptures the sporty proportions and athletic stance of earlier Civics while thoroughly advancing Civic design into the future. The 2016 Civic Coupe is lower and wider with short front and rear overhangs and larger wheels and tires that create a more sporting wheel-to-body relationship.