The 2015 Ford F-150, for sale in Portland at Mackenzie Ford in Hillsboro is tougher, smarter and more capable than it has ever been. For more information on this and all Ford cars, contact your Oregon Ford dealer at (800) 783-0863.
Before the 2015 F-150 goes on sale, it will have been torture-tested in labs, at Ford proving grounds and in the hands of some of Ford’s most demanding truck customers for more than 10 million miles.
The grueling testing simulates the demands Ford customers will subject the truck to throughout its average lifetime. These include crisscrossing the country pulling heavy trailers and hefty loads through desert valleys and over high-altitude mountain passes – in temperatures from 20 degrees below zero to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
Customers using F-150 for construction, mining and utility work have tested and helped prove out its high-strength, aluminum-alloy cargo box.
A disguised new Ford F-150 even raced in the Baja 1000, where it earned the distinction of completing all 883 grueling miles of the event, while other purpose-built race vehicles could not.
To perform in these challenging conditions, the frame uses high-strength steel rated up to 70,000 psi – stronger than the steel found in some competitors’ heavy-duty pickup truck frames. Eight through-welded crossmembers provide increased stiffness, while staggered rear outboard shocks help provide stability.
Several groundbreaking new productivity features debut in the 2015 F-150. These include:
- Available 360-degree camera view uses exterior cameras to create a bird’s-eye view of the truck to help the driver park, maneuver in tight spots and navigate down narrow trails
- Available integrated loading ramps enable easy loading of ATVs, motorcycles and mowers
- Available BoxLink™ is a combination of metal brackets and custom cleats used to secure a variety of accessories in the cargo box – from ramps to storage bins to bed dividers
- Available LED headlamps and taillamps provide excellent nighttime visibility
- Available trailer hitch assist is a new rear view camera feature that adds a dynamic line based on steering wheel angle in the display to help customers line up truck and trailer without requiring a spotter or having to get out of the vehicle
- Available smart trailer tow module uses an all-new wiring harness that helps identify and inform the driver of potential trailer connectivity issues, burned or unlit trailer marker lamps, and brake light and trailer battery faults
- Available remote tailgate allows for the tailgate to be locked, unlocked and released with the key fob – eliminating manual locking and increasing convenience and security. The tailgate also is damped, dropping down, hands-free, to a flat position when opened
- Available 400-watt, 110-volt power outlets in the cab, allowing drivers to easily charge corded tools, batteries or mobile devices on-site or while driving
- LED spotlights on sideview mirrors provide powerful, durable and bright lighting around the vehicle exterior
- Latest engine technology in an available all-new, efficient 2.7-liter EcoBoost® engine that features extremely high output and lightweight design
- Available next-generation tailgate step is now fully integrated inside the tailgate and virtually invisible when not in use
Other smart innovations include:
- New 8-inch LCD productivity screen in the instrument panel includes tabbed navigation pages – from fuel economy to towing tips – and the ability to create a customized home screen for customers to access their most frequently used pages in one place
- LED lighting embedded in the walls of the cargo box brightly illuminates the box interior to help customers quickly find tools or other items
- Rear under-seat storage in F-150 Super and Crew cabs provides hidden storage for valuables. One storage bin is located underneath the rear seat
- Deployable boxside step is now available for the short 5.5-foot box
These features join available driver aids, including SYNC® with MyFord Touch®, hill start assist, MyKey®, rear view camera, reverse sensing and trailer brake controller.
In addition to helping customers work smarter, F-150 features technologies that automatically assist drivers. These include:
- Available second-row inflatable safety belts work like a traditional belt but include a tubular airbag that inflates in the event of a crash and distributes the force of the impact across a wider area of the passenger’s chest
- Available Curve Control automatically provides more aggressive four-wheel braking when the truck is going into a corner too fast
- Available adaptive cruise control allows drivers to set a cruising speed and use radar technology to monitor traffic ahead and maintain a set distance between vehicles
- Available lane-keeping system is designed to help avert unintentional drifting of the vehicle outside the intended lane by automatically detecting the left- or right-hand road lane markings using a camera mounted between windshield and interior rearview mirror
- Available Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert uses radar hidden in the taillamps to detect a vehicle entering a driver’s blind spot while driving or slowly backing up
A range of four engines provides power to meet almost any customer need.
A new, available 2.7-liter EcoBoost with standard Auto Start-Stop and a standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with twin independent variable camshaft timing join the proven 3.5-liter EcoBoost and 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V8 engines that are available. The 2.7-liter EcoBoost features a lightweight, compact design to deliver the same power as many mid-range V8s.
Ford Auto Start-Stop technology – specially tuned for truck customers – shuts off the engine to save fuel when the vehicle is stopped, except when towing or in four-wheel drive mode. The engine restarts in milliseconds when the brake is released.
Ford F-150 trucks equipped with EcoBoost engines also will benefit from standard Active Grille Shutters. Active Grille Shutters stay open when extra engine cooling is needed, such as during low-speed stop-and-go driving or while working in hot weather. They automatically close to reduce aerodynamic drag at cruising speed.